High Meadow Farm Pulled Pork Recipe
- 4 pounds High Meadow Farm pork butt with excess fat trimmed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
1. In 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow-cooker pot, stir onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, paprika, Worcestershire, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined. Add pork to sauce mixture and turn to coat well with sauce.
2. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook pork mixture on low setting as manufacturer directs, 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.
3. With tongs, transfer pork to large bowl. Turn setting on slow cooker to high; cover and heat sauce to boiling to thicken and reduce slightly.
4. While sauce boils, with 2 forks, pull pork into shreds. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and toss with sauce to combine. Cover slow cooker and heat through on high setting if necessary.
I like to make this the day before. I shred the pork and reduce the sauce and refrigerate them separately. The next day I skim the fat off the sauce (there is generally quite a bit) and then combine the two and reheat in a crockpot.